The Stephanie A. Wynn Foundation, Inc.™️ a 501(c)(3) non profit organization was established in 2021 after the founder Stephanie Wynn her near-death experience, with Inflammatory Bowel Disease, specifically Crohn’s Disease. This experience caused her to have an even greater appreciation for her survival and a deeper understanding of the need to provide healthcare and financial resources for improving the health and wellness of economically disenfranchised African Americans and other marginalized communities living with chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease(IBD).
To eliminate healthcare and financial disparities in underserved African American and other marginalized communities suffering from Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, particularly Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease, through targeted outreach, education, and financial assistance programs.
To enhance the quality of life for underserved African American communities and other marginalized populations by ensuring equitable access to healthcare and financial support for those affected by Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease, the predominant forms of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) that disproportionately affect these populations.
Our Core Values
- Compassion: We bring a deep sense of empathy and understanding to our work, always prioritizing the needs and struggles of those in underserved communities.
- Integrity: Our actions are guided by strong ethical principles, ensuring that we operate with honesty and transparency in all that we do.
- Diversity: We celebrate and embrace the richness of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, recognizing that this diversity strengthens our mission and work.
- Leadership: We are committed to being leaders in our field, paving the way for positive change and innovation in addressing healthcare and financial disparities.
- Education: We place a strong emphasis on education, providing individuals with the information and resources they need to take control of their health and wellbeing.
- Collaboration: We value the power of working together, partnering with other organizations and communities to amplify our impact.
- Accountability: We hold ourselves accountable to our mission and the communities we serve, continuously evaluating and improving our programs and services to meet their needs.
About The Founder
Stephanie A. Wynn is an author, IBD Survivor, Speaker, philanthropist and IBD Patient Navigator™️. The Stephanie A. Wynn Foundation, Inc.™️ was established after her near-death experience, with Inflammatory Bowel Disease, specifically Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease. This experience caused her to have an even greater appreciation for her survival and a deeper understanding of the need to provide healthcare and financial resources for improving the health and wellness of economically disenfranchised African Americans living with chronic Inflammatory Bowel Disease(IBD).
Stephanie understands what it means to pull through tough challenges with grit and determination. She has never let her struggle with Inflammatory Bowel Disease define her.
In fact, Stephanie believes the resilience and other qualities required to bring healing from her chronic health condition are exactly the same things that helped her thrive.
Stephanie has first-hand experience dealing with the challenges that underserved African Americans and other marginalized populations face when trying to receive the life-sustaining quality healthcare and financial resources services economically and efficiently. She knows how it feels to learn that the price of prescription medication increases substantially without notice. Stephanie also understands how it feels when the body reacts to the disease at the worst times which can lead to embarrassment.
Our organization goals are to implement a proactive and comprehensive approach to helping underserve African Americans and other marginalized communities thrive while living with Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease.
The Stephanie A. Wynn Foundation is a 501c(3) non profit, and donations to the Stephanie A. Wynn Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.